Answer the Questions below.
1. Summarize the reasons that one individual might have been strongly opposed to the Vietnam War while another person from the same family or circle of friends may have supported the war.
2. Describe the media images you’ve seen concerning attitudes toward the Vietnam War. Hypothesize why the media has tended to showcase the antiwar demonstrators more than people who argued in favor of the war.
3. Discuss the ways in which public perceptions of the Vietnam War changed between 1964 (the time of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution) and 1969 (the year in which Nixon was inaugurated). Then discuss the ways in which Nixon’s policies may have affected public perceptions of the war.
4. Summarize John Kerry’s and President Nixon’s arguments for and against immediate troop withdrawal from Vietnam.
5. The Persian Gulf War of the early 1990s was widely hailed as a success. Public support for the war was strong because military involvement extended only as long as the government promised and because there was a clear enemy in Saddam Hussein. Compare and contrast the public attitude toward the Vietnam War with that toward Desert Storm. Then consider what the legacy of the Vietnam War is. What has Vietnam taught us?
6. Discuss whether it’s necessary and fair to require men over the age of 18 to register for the draft. Should women also be required to register? Is the draft a fair way to recruit people during a time of war? Was the draft a fair method of selecting people to fight in Vietnam?
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A GOOD DISCOUNT