Project Management of Paddington Hospital Project.
The subject of the paper is Project Management. Please do read the coursework in brief and very very CAREFULLY and till the very end it explains everything about how the assignment has to be done and how the essay report should be presented. The main things are read the questions attached in the order inductions attached and answers the following questions given in the form of an essay. Do not rely on just the data given in the instructions brief do look for information on books, journals and on the internet. The report structure is written in the attached order instruction so please make the essays according to that. In the first question construct a network diagram with i. Earliest Start Time(EST) ii. Latest Finish Time (LFT) iii. Total Float on all activities in the project. iv. Critical Path for the project In the b part of the first question use business theories to answer answer it in the second question, also use many business theories and suitable examples. And the word limit provided excludes the table of contents and the bibliography list which will be attached in the bottom. The word count starts from Executive Summary and ends at Conclusion. Draw Network Diagram Correctly.
CARDIFF METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
MODULE TITLE: – Project Management
SEMESTER: Semester 3
ACADEMIC YEAR PERIOD: October 2015 – January 2016 Semester
LECTURER SETTING ASSESSMENT: – Funsho Obilade
DATE ASSESSMENT SET AND LOADED ON TO STUDENT PORTAL:-
DATE ASSESSMENT TO BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED:- 18/12/2015
SUBMISSION METHOD/MODE:- Online via turnitin, in person
Assessment Type: Course Work – [Individual Assignment]
ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS
2000 Word Limit
PM Assignment – Course Work
General instructions for all assignments:
• Prepare the assignment in a word processor document to upload on to the portal.
• Your name and student number should be included in the footer of each page of the assignment document, and all pages should be numbered.
• Start each question (if there are many) on a new page in the document and provide a heading for each question. Paginate your document so that it is neatly presented.
• The assignment must be submitted on or before the due date specified by the college. There are penalties for late submissions.
• Collusion and copying are not allowed. Each assignment must be done entirely by you. There are severe penalties for copying and collusion including loss of marks in the assignment, failing the entire subject or dismissal from the course.
• Outside materials may be used in assignments but all such material must be quoted and referenced if included verbatim. In general you should present your ideas and understanding in your own words.
• All written or essay type questions in this assignment are to be answered in writing using a word processor. Use a proportionally spaced font such as Times Roman 12 point for normal, essay-type written answers.
1. Table 1 indicates the sequence and interdependence of the project activities for the Paddington Hospital project (A – M) which together are required to develop a bespoke system. The durations (in weeks) of each of the activities are given in the table
Activity Description Duration (wks) Precedence
A Requirement Gathering 5 –
B Business Analysis 6 –
C Systems Analysis 5 –
D Coding 4 C
E Unit Test 9 B
F Module Testing 8 B
G Systems Testing 6 C
H Bug Fixing 2 F,G
J Implementation 6 E
K Project Supervision 10 –
L Pilot Testing 8 J,K
M Implementation 3 G,F
N Unit Testing 7 A,D
P Systems Testing 5 N,M
Q User Acceptance Testing 5 H,L
R Handover 4 Q,P
S Lessons Learnt Activities 2 R
(a) Construct a network diagram identifying the following:
i. Earliest Start Time(EST)
ii. Latest Finish Time (LFT)
iii. Total Float on all activities in the project
iv. Critical Path for the project
b) Assume that there is a delay of 20 weeks in completing activity H. Analyse one action that the Project Manager could take to avoid exceeding the current length of the critical path. (30 marks)
2. Discuss five reasons why a project fails, and for each one offer ways of reducing or eliminating that risk.
Reference, Structure and report presentation (10 marks)