1. Discuss how the United States exchange rate would react to the nominal rates, and the real interest rate. Share with your classmates the past examples.
2. What happens when a country’s currency rises in value compared to other currencies of other countries? Is this a good or bad event? And, why should consumers be concerned?
3. What are the factors that change the exchange rate?
4.What are the factors that affect exchange rates in the long run? What happens to the exchange rate (for the domestic currency) when the factors are either increased or decreased?
5. Within the secondary mortgage market is something called, mortgage-securities, also known as securitized mortgages. What is meant by those terms, and what are some examples?
6. Describe the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and explain which section(s) you find to be the most important.
7. What can financial institutions offer in terms of transaction costs vs. alternatives?
8. What were the effects of the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis?
9. What are the issues that are involved with the idea of moral hazard?
10. What are the issues that are involved with the idea of adverse selection?
11. Did this course meet your expectations? What did you like the best about this course? What suggestions can you offer to improve this course?
12. How has the banking system evolved into a “dual banking system”, and what does this mean?
13. What are the protections and regulations created for pension plans?
14. Summarize the regulatory framework found within the securities industry.
15. What is the role of an investment bank, along with the products and services offered?